About The Karate Center
To understand what we’re all about at The Karate Center, it’s important to start with our mission statement. For it is this statement that sums up how we approach martial arts training, teaching, and learning for us and our students.
The mission of The Karate Center is to teach martial arts using a combination of traditional, scientific, and individualized approaches. Our goal is to develop the physical, mental, and spiritual aspects of each student, who will then carry the lessons of the art into their everyday life.
At The Karate Center, our first priority is to teach “real” martial arts, whether it be for adults or kids.
The Karate Center has been successful in helping our students become outstanding martial artists. However, we believe our true success is the difference we have made in the lives our students. Each instructor views martial arts training as a way to teach our students "life skills:"
- Physical: our students gain physical fitness & coordination. As we say often to our students “there is no magic in karate; it’s all hard work!”
- Mental: our programs instill in each student the important qualities of discipline, respect, focus & self-control.
- Spiritual: each student improves their confidence & self-esteem, providing a path to limitless possibilities in life.
The primary style we teach at The Karate Center is Wado Ryu karate, one of the four styles of karate recognized by the Japanese government. Wado Ryu means “the way of harmony and peace.” It is a traditional blocking, kicking, and striking art characterized by soft, flowing movements and a focus on speed of attack and defense. Its training method begins with Japanese based techniques, and progresses through its history to touch upon Okinawan and Chinese concepts that form the basis of the art. It similarly progresses from straight to circular, from focused to fluid, from rigid to flexible and from formed to formless.
Some things to note:
- Separate adult and children classes. Children learn differently than adults, so the classes are structured differently. As children get older, they can be considered for promotion to the adult class. Since children grow and mature at different paces, promotion to the adult class is on a case-by-case basis.
- Separate advanced training for adults. The needs of advanced students are different than beginners and intermediate students, so we split the classes to better focus individualized attention.
- Self defense training is offered for those who cannot commit to a full-fledged martial arts training program. Here students learn the basics of mental and physical self defense.
Request an Appointment
Message Sent. Thank you for contacting us. We will be in touch with you shortly.
My whole family has been going here for years. We love this karate dojo and family. Very knowledgeable and professional and talented.
Awsom teachers and students ,the best in training at any level
Quality Instruction and wonderful atmosphere
After only a few weeks of training I have noticed a drastic change in my son. His self esteem has risen and he has become more outgoing and social. He enjoys going to class and he leaves with a smile and a sense of accomplishment every time. Thank you very much to all of the instructors at The Karate Center!!!!!
My grandson has been going there for a few years,I'm very impressed in the learning he has received from the teaches and the children he trains with. This class is not just karate they teach our children respect for each other and respect for them selfs. These students learn different techniques on a regular basis and they all encourage each other to succeed there goals to there maximum potential. The teachers of this school are proud of there student and there relationship is like no other. They encourage them to reach there goals and because of them all my grandsons goal is to be a black belt by the time he is ten and with there support and guidence he will reach his goal.